I am currently looking for images to support The State of the Mountains Report, an ACC-commissioned report on the impact of climate change on glaciers and alpine environment in Western Canada.
The intention is to compare various photographs taken over the years in the same locations. For those of you whose mountain experience goes back decades, please dig around a little bit if you can. The older the photographs the better. Please note: there is no payment available for these photo submissions.
Some of you may have some “before and after” photos in your collections demonstrating severe changes in glaciers/landscape. Please send these along, even if they aren’t on this list.
Please check the list below. If you have any photos you think would be appropriate, please send the highest resolution digital images you have to sotm[at]meghanjoyward.com no later than March 19th, 2011, with:
- photographer credit
- caption (subject and orientation of photograph)
- date taken (approximate is fine)
- photos taken in summer are preferred
- North Face of Mount Fay
- Bow Glacier (preferably taken from Num-Ti-Jah Lodge/HWY 93 side)
- Athabasca Glacier (from hwy and other angles)
- Peyto Glacier
- Mt. Athabasca
- Skyladder Route on Mt. Andromeda
- American Rockies in summer time
- Bugaboo/Snowpatch Col
- Mt. Assiniboine